A qualified Company Secretary has openings in Employment and as Practising Independent Professional
Company Secretary in Employment:
- Company Secretary has been recognized as Key Managerial Personnel along with the Chief Executive Officer/managing director/manager, whole-time director and Chief Financial Officer.
- Being Key Managerial Personnel, Company Secretary is required to be mandatorily appointed in every company belonging to such class or classes of companies as may be prescribed.
- As per the Rule 8 of Companies (Appointment and Remuneration of Managerial Personnel) Rules, 2014, such prescribed class is every listed company and every other public company having a paid-up share capital of ten crore rupees or more shall have whole-time key managerial personnel.
Company Secretary in Practice:
Some of the important areas of recognition for Company Secretary in Practice include:
- Secretarial Audit
- Pre-certification of e-forms
- Duty to report fraud
- Appointment as Administrator
- Company Liquidators
- Professional assistance to Company Liquidator